I researched a few natural hair treatments and I stumbled on two products that kept popping up in different threads and blogs: the combination of the Aztec Indian Bentonite healing clay and the Apple Cider Vinegar for facials and hair masks. It claims to be the world’s most powerful facial plus there have been some good reviews about these products so I decided to try it out.
What is Bentonite clay?
Bentonite Clay is 100% Calcium bentonite with a high composition of Montmorillonite. It is a good adsorbent of ions in solution and fat and oil.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is made from fermented apple. It is a type of vinegar made from cider or ‘apple must’. You can easily get the Apple cider Vinegar from any reliable pharmaceutical or natural hair store around you. I usually get my products online from Olori.com.ng. I also got Namaste Organics body wash with Clary Sage and Lavender oil which totally love.
How to make Bentonite Clay Hair Mix
- Scoop up 1/4 cup of the Bentonite clay powder
- Add 2- 3 spoons of ACV
- Mix properly( with a non-metal spoon and bowl) till a smooth, lump-free paste is formed. Ensure you use non-metal mixing utensil because the Bentonite will react with the metal.
- Section hair into four parts and apply. Coating all the hair with the mixture
- Cover hair with a plastic cap for 20-30 minutes.
- Then wash off with warm water.
I noticed my hair was able to absorb more moisture – probably due to the thorough cleaning ability of the Bentonite. Cleaner curls produce shinier curls.
I also noticed considerable less shedding and breakage when I took my weave down five weeks later compared to the last time I installed a weave.
- Be careful not to use the mixture too frequently. I recommend doing using it once in two weeks if you have hair that is susceptible to drying out easily.
- Don’t keep the mixture in past the recommended time either on application on the skin or hair.
You can try this combo out too and tell your own experience. If you already have please share your experience.